Internships with Ocean City Nor'easters will provide qualified interns with an assortment of valuable learning experiences and exposure to all facets of a Premier Development League (PDL) soccer team’s coaching staff, front office & day-to-day operations.
The Physical Performance Intern will take an active role in assisting the Team Doctor, Head Athletic Trainer, Sports Therapist and Strength & Conditioning Coach with the day-to-day operations, as well match preparation and post match recovery.
The position will require that the person chosen for the job is available to keep regular training hours, and attend all Ocean City Nor'easter matches and training sessions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Team Doctor, Head Athletic Trainer and Sports Therapist with pre training and pre game set up of training room and fields
• Assist Head Athletic Trainer and Sports Therapist with treatments and rehabilitation of athletes.
• Ensuring all athletes are hydrated during games/training sessions
• Maintaining a clean training room
• Assist Sports Therapist in team strength and conditioning training
• Assist Sports Therapist in recovery sessions
• Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, and other staff members
• Coverage of college soccer a plus