Club to Field U11 and U12 Boys and Girls Teams
Pre Super Y is a player identification program designed to locate and develop talented young players serious about the game who could have the future potential to play in the Super Y-League with the Barons Academy.
The Pre Super-Y program exposes players to a professional and competitive development opportunity without interfering with their regular club team activities. The program involves age appropriate instruction, and tournament play.
The South Jersey Barons Academy fields twelve Super Y-League teams from U13 though U20 age groups on the boys and girls side of the program. It will be the 8th year that the Barons have fielded teams in the USL Super Y-League.
"The Pre Super-Y program will give dedicated soccer players in South Jersey the opportunity to play and be trained by our professional staff who will prepare them for the high level of soccer that they will eventually see in the Super Y-League.” said Barons Technical Director Scott Middlemass. “Learning the correct technique from qualified coaches at a young age is vital for success in the game of soccer. If a player is taught technical flaws, he or she is limiting their future potential. The Pre Super-Y curriculum gives our players the opportunity to learn and then master soccer techniques. This will create a more polished player capable of bringing these technical skills into the games.”
About the South Jersey Barons Youth Academy Pre Super-Y Program.
The Pre Y-League teams train during the summer months, they play in three tournaments. Training begins after the spring season ends on Memorial Day. The teams play and practice until the third week in July.
* Teams at U11, U12 Boys and Girls
* The team will consist of minimum of 16 players, and maximum of 18 players.
* Players will be carded with US Club Soccer.
* The team will attend three tournaments, two local (daily travel) and one will require lodging because of the distance in travel.
* Practices will be 1.5hr session’s start in May with the other Super Y- League teams and end after the three tournaments in July.
* Each team will be trained/coached in practices/games by members of the Barons professional coaching staff.
* The players will be provided with Nike apparel, which will include one jerseys, training shirt, shorts, socks and equipment bag.
Our goal is to build a strong foundation for future success in each and every player. The program focuses on developing:
* A positive, fun and challenging training environment.
* Individual ball handling skills, confidence and creativity.
* Running mechanics, balance and agility.
* Teaching of key soccer techniques: dribbling, control, passing, shooting and heading.
* An Understanding of Combination Play at the individual level.
* A basic knowledge of positioning and team shape.
* A love of game, discipline and respect for staff and opponents.
* Goalkeepers are provided with supplemental specialized GK training throughout the program at no additional fee.
All players in the Pre Super-Y program are given the opportunity to play in Summer Tournaments with their Pre Super-Y Team. The players are encouraged by coaches to compete and utilize their skills in events. The Pre Super-Y program stresses Player Development over game results.
By the end of the U12 program, the curriculum will have developed each player’s mental, physical, technical and tactical components of the game. Thus, preparing successful players for the next stage of the development pyramid.
For further information on the Barons Pre Super-Y Program please contact Barons Technical Director Scott Middlemass