The 'Friends' foundation will be holding its first official fundraiser on April 25 at Sofia Restraurant in Margate.
The Ocean City Nor'easters are proud to announce a new charitible wing to the club: The Friends of the Ocean City Nor'easters Foundation.
The foundation was created to spread the love of the game of soccer while enhancing the dynamic integration of the Nor'easters organization into the heart of the South Jersey community.
The 'Friends' foundation will be holding its first official fundraiser on Tuesday, April 25 at Sofia Restraurant in Margate. Everyone is invited to enjoy some delicious heavy hors d'oeuvres, a cash bar featuring some tasty signature cocktails, including "The Nor'easter". There will also be some great music, great friends and beautiful surroundings at one of South Jersey's finest establishments.
There will also be some games and contests, such as "the hat trick" where fans can guess how many total candies there are in three jars to win a pair of Nor'easters season tickets ($5 per entry).
Tickets to the event are $25 per person and those in attendance will have the opportunity to win some exciting prizes in a silent auction.
Some of the prizes to be won in the silent auction include:
- Atlantic City Country Club, Round of golf for four (Value: $500)
- Two night stay at Borgata Water Club in Atlantic City & $100 Girasole Restaurant gift card (Value: $600)
- Compass Spa and Wellness $200 gift card
- Island Beach Gear: Beach cart, chair, towel, sunscreen and more (Value: $127)
- Greate Bay Fitness: Three month membership with Personal Training session, $50 spa voucher (Value: $285)
- Beach Caddy, Weekend Package (4 trips) (Value: $70)
- OC Boardwalkers Club: Four all-day waterpark passes, 4 adventure golf passes, Tony P Pizza (Value: $190)
- Bohemian Mama $50 gift card
- Breathe Studio Barre and Pilates, 3 classes (Value: $60)
- Shrivers Candy Gift Basket (Value: $80)
- Sofia Restaurant Margate $100 gift card
- The Dance Place $50 gift card and dance wear/tutu (Value: $125)
Proceeds from the event will benefit the foundation which will create scholarship opportunities for local youth soccer players, expand and enhance Nor'easters community soccer programs, and enrich hospitality and care of PDL players who are coming to Ocean City from all over the world. The foundation also funds a variety of Nor'easters community service programs and events, and other charitable endeavors.
Tickets can be purchased at the door, at the Ocean City Nor'easters headquarters, or by calling (609) 214-2380 or emailing Nor'easters Director of Community Relations Jill Adamson at firstname.lastname@example.org.